IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies Training and Certification Program
For years IPC-A-610 is the standard used throughout the electronics industry for the inspection of electronic assemblies. It has earned an international reputation as the document of choice for acceptance criteria for PCBA’s (Printed Circuit Board Assemblies) used in all kinds of electronic products, for consumer, professional and high reliability or harsh environment applications.
Get certified on the industry’s most widely used inspection standard
IPC-A-610 training was the first certification training offered by IPC when it was introduced in 1995. Thousands of students worldwide have been certified in one of the two available training programs. This training is offered by PIEK in several languages.
Two different types of training are offered:
Depending on the specific tasks, role and demands of the individual participant two certification models are offered:
IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)
This training focuses on the necessary knowledge for inspectors, operators, engineers, buyers and any other individual involved in the inspection of printed circuit board assemblies or those who have to make acceptance/rejection decisions regarding printed circuit board assemblies.
IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT)
individuals who will have to deliver Certified IPC Specialist (CIS) training will benefit from the extra information handed to them in this training. To perform CIS training courses, it is a prerequisite to be certified as CIT. Good candidates for CIT training are trainers, but quite often also supervisors at the engineering and manufacturing departments.
The entire document is covered in the CIT training program. The instructor will get well prepared to teach all of the CIS modules. With the CIS training program, only the Policy and Procedures and Module 1 are required elements. The 7 other modules may be covered based on the specific needs of your company. Thus a CIS training can be tailored to your candidate needs.
Topics dealt with:
- Scope and Purpose of IPC-A-610
- Definition of requirements
- Personnel proficiency
- Inspection methodology
- Handling Electronic Assemblies
- EOS/ESD Prevention
- General soldering criteria, including lead-free connections
- Soldering anomalies, such as tombstoning, dewetting, voiding and more
- High voltage criteria
- The requirements for solder connections to terminals and in plated-through holes
- Mounting and solder criteria for the most used SMT component groups
- Component mounting criteria for DIPS, socket pins and card edge connectors
- Assembly requirements for jumper wires
- Criteria for laminate conditions and component damage, solder mask, conformal coating, and cleaning
- Hardware installation
- Solderless wire wrap
CIT Program extra content
To prepare CIT candidates for their future role as trainers, the CIT program includes:
- Tips on using the standard for inspection purposes
- Administrative tasks for IPC certification
- Tips on how to use the lesson plan and training materials
- Necessary trainer skills
Make an investment in continuous improvement and quality enhancement today — with the IPC-A-610, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies Training and Certification Program.
For a complete training program, more information, or any training-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by telephone at +31(0)45-5703333, by E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.