IPC-7711/7721 Rework, Modification and Repair of Electronic Assemblies Training and Certification Program
Scrapping electronic assemblies is a big financial burden for assemblers and manufacturers. Repairing or reworking nonconforming electronic assemblies and printed circuit boards can save on these costs. The IPC-7711/7721 standard is the document of choice when it comes down to industry-approved techniques for rework of through-hole and surface-mount connections.
Minimize waste, make nonconforming assemblies operating again and reduce production costs by developing key workmanship skills
It also covers land, conductor, and laminate repair techniques. General considerations on tools and materials can be found here, but also how to remove and replace conformal coatings. Procedures for modifying boards and assemblies are included as well as support for operations on lead-free, BGA’s and flex-print repairs.
Why earn IPC-7711/7721 certification?
The IPC-7711/7721 industry approved training program is both flexible and skills-oriented. It has been developed by experts from the industry and the information from their experience can give your employees the necessary skills to perform rework and repair operations on nonconforming electronic assemblies. Reducing scrap means reducing costs and waste. The CIT and CIS certificates represent the understanding and workmanship level of your employees associated with IPC-7711/7721 program requirements.
Three different types of training are offered:
Depending on the specific task, role and demands of the individual participant three certification models are offered:
IPC-7711/21 Certified IPC Specialist (CIS)
This training focuses on the skills necessary for operators to perform proper rework, repair and modification tasks.
IPC-7711/21 Certified IPC Trainer (CIT)
To perform CIS training courses, it is a prerequisite to be certified as CIT. CIT candidates will benefit from the extra information handed to them in this training. This training is suited for trainers, but also engineering and manufacturing supervisors.
IPC-7711/21 Certified Standards Expert (CSE)
The IPC Certified Standards Expert (CSE) is a professional specialist with in-depth knowledge of a specific IPC standard. The role of the IPC Certified Standards Expert (CSE) can vary per organisation. More information on this programme and the differences with the Certified IPC Trainer (CIT) programme can be found on the IPC website: https://www.ipc.org/ContentPage.aspx?pageid=Certified-Standards-Expert-CSE.
The entire document is covered in the CIT training program. The instructor will get well prepared to teach all of the CIS modules. In the CIS training program, only module 1 is required. The optional practical modules may be covered based on the specific needs of your company.
Topics dealt with:
- Introduction to common rework and repair procedures
- Product classifications, board types, skill levels
- Workstations, tools, materials, and processes
- Process goals and guidelines
- Lead-free considerations
- Basic surface mount and through-hole component removal
- Land preparation and component installation
- Primary heating methods: conductive, convective and others
- Handling electronic assemblies
- Through-hole component removal and installation
- Chip and MELF component removal and installation
- SOIC/SOT, J-lead and QFP component removal and installation
- BTC, Flip-Chip and BGA component removal and installation
- Printed wiring board conductor, pad and laminate repair
- Modifications and Jumper wires
- Wire splicing
- Conformal coating identification, removal, and replacement
- Tip care and maintenance
CIT Program benefits
To successfully prepare CIT candidates for their future role as trainers, the CIT program includes:
- Tips on using the standard for inspection purposes
- Administrative tasks for IPC certification
- Tips on how to use the lesson plan and training materials
- Essential trainer skills
Make an investment in continuous improvement and quality enhancement today — with the IPC-7711/7721, Rework, Modification and Repair of Electronic Assemblies Training and Certification Program!
For a complete training program, more information, or any training-related questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by telephone at +31(0)45-5703333, by E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.